Last modified: August 2018
Welcome! We at WagWell Box respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information MatchBox Solutions, Inc. DBA WagWell Box (the “Company” or “We”) may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website wagwellbox.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you (“non-personal information”); and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Registration and Account Information: You can browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you register for an account with us (including through third-party login credentials as described below), you choose to give us your personal information and are not anonymous to us. When you register an account, create a profile, purchase products, or otherwise engage with our Website, you may provide personal information, such as your name, email address, password, telephone number, and postal address. Personal information is only associated with your account/profile when you sign in as a registered user.
- Orders and Transactions: If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personal information from you on our order webpage. You must provide personal contact information (such as name, email address and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date). We also collect details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Information to Respond to Your Requests: You may give us your personal information so we can send you newsletters and other communications you request. Details of how you can opt-out of receiving any communications from us are detailed in the section entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- Content You Post: You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, such as pictures of your and/or your pet, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Any feedback you provide to us through our online contact form.
- We may collect details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- We may collect information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- We may also collect additional information from you if you access our Website through a mobile device (e.g. your unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier, location or GPS/geo-location).
- When you visit the Website, we may also collect geo-location information to provide any location-based services that you request.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (e.g., cookies, HTML-5 stored technologies):
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- With your prior consent as obtained through your use of this Site.
- We encode and protect the tracking technologies that WagWell Box sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
- We may target and track any videos you view on the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third-party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law or until consent is withdrawn.
The following table sets out details of the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them. We provide the chart below as a courtesy for all users but we are not obligated to maintain or update it. We are not responsible for third-party sites and their privacy practices as it relates to opt-outs from tracking activities. The following third-parties that collect information from you on our Site have given us notice that you may obtain information on their policies and practices, and in some instances opt-out of certain of their activities.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use AND RETAIN YOUR Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
To operate our Website, including:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, or otherwise complete a transaction you initiate.
- To send you information about the status of any orders;
- To authenticate billing and identification information;
- To deliver confirmations and account information;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
To Communicate with You, including:
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Website and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We use information from the Website to prevent, detect and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our terms of service.
We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. You consent to our retention of your video viewing tracking data for as long as permissible under applicable law—up to one year after you close your account or otherwise withdraw consent for video tracking.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To other third-parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third-parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of WagWell Box’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by WagWell Box about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of service.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WagWell Box, our customers, or others.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Please note that you may not opt out of receiving administration emails (for example, emails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.
Privacy Rights for California Residents
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how WagWell Box responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. WagWell Box does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.